ATTD is a unique Conference that provides a world-class platform for clinicians
and scientists to present, discuss and exchange insights on the most rapidly
evolving area of diabetes technology and treatments.
This Education Portal offers free access to materials from previous ATTD Conferences, as well
as webcasts, e-learning modules, and the ATTD Digital/Virtual Diabetes
The ATTD FORUM - ONLINE FIRST RELEASE! is an exciting initiative where a new manuscript is published online simultaneously with a live presentation to our online forum. The presentation is given during a virtual forum during which the author presents the manuscript and participants can ask questions.
Here is a quick overview of the events so far:
- The Lancet Digital Health, presented by Dr. Julia Ware (March 14th, 2022)
- The Lancet Healthy Longevity, presented by Dr. Charlotte Boughton (March 14th, 2022)
- Diabetes Care, presented by Dr. Viral Shah (January 12th, 2022)
- Nature Medicine, presented by Dr. Christian Ruff (December 6th, 2021)
- The Lancet, presented by Dr. Antonio Ceriello (November 17th, 2021)
- Nature Medicine, presented by Dr. Charlotte Boughton (August 4th, 2021)
- Jama, presented by Dr. Thomas Marten (June 2nd, 2021)
- The Lancet, presented by Dr. Margaretha Visser (June 2nd, 2021)
- Collaboration with the publishers of Journal of Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics - DTT – the official journal of the ATTD, presented by Dr. Mark deBoer (March 10, 2021)
Advanced diabetes technology innovations aim to provide benefits for individuals living with diabetes.
In this section, ATTD will regularly feature user guides, clinical insights or education modules to enable access to the latest research and developments specific to diabetes technology.
FEATURED: Take a look at the new online education module designed to help healthcare professionals deepen their knowledge on the latest available Advanced Hybrid Closed Loop system therapy - the MiniMed™ 780G system therapy with the basics and insights to the therapy as well as the fundamentals of patient onboarding and follow up.
The educational activities provided in this section are supported through a medical education sponsorship by Medtronic.
Diabetes is a chronic disease that has become an epidemic; the WHO stating that - as of 2016 - over 422 million people worldwide have diabetes. While people with diabetes are faced with lifelong medication this disease can be treated - and its consequences avoided or delayed - when combining medication with frequent exercise and physical activity, controlled diet, regular screening and treatment for complications. Science is striving to find a diabetes treatment that can cure this chronic disease.
In this section, we aim to include the latest breakthroughs for you to stay up to date with these developments.
New Technology Start-Up Fair
Meet the Experts. Discover the Latest Research. Behold the Next Big Thing.
The International Fair of New Technologies in Diabetes is an annual exhibition at ATTD, where start-ups and emerging companies display cutting-edge technologies in diabetes prevention, diagnosis and care. The 2021 grant winners are below.
What does the New Technologies Fair section offer?
• A unique platform enabling a rare exchange of views and ideas on emerging technologies
• A link between new inventions and investors interested in funding further development or commercialization of products
• Attention from entrepreneurs and venture capital companies
• Opportunities for building networks between inventors and scientists worldwide
• Exposure of innovative products and technologies by way of a global audience
The ATTD New Technologies Fair has been created with the support of an educational grant from MedTech Europe.