The ATTD FORUM - ONLINE FIRST RELEASE! is an exciting initiative where a new manuscript is published online simultaneously with a presentation to our online forum. During the virtual forum the author presents the manuscript and participants can ask questions.
- The first forum was held on March 10, 2021, in collaboration with the publishers of Journal of Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics - DTT – the official journal of the ATTD.
- The second forum was held on June 2, 2021, in collaboration with The Lancet.
- The third forum was also held on June 2, 2021 with Jama.
- The fourth forum was held on August 4, 2021 with Nature Medicine.
Please scroll down to access the recordings of these sessions.
Advanced diabetes technology innovations aim to provide benefits for individuals living with diabetes.
In this section, ATTD will regularly feature user guides, clinical insights or education modules to enable access to the latest research and developments specific to diabetes technology.
FEATURED: Take a look at the new online education module designed to help healthcare professionals deepen their knowledge on the latest available Advanced Hybrid Closed Loop system therapy - the MiniMed™ 780G system therapy with the basics and insights to the therapy as well as the fundamentals of patient onboarding and follow up.
The educational activities provided in this section are supported through a medical education sponsorship by Medtronic.
Meet the Expert sessions are an opportunity for you to watch and listen to leading experts in the field of advanced technologies and treatments for diabetes, as they share their research observations, perspectives, insights and clinical expertise on a more one-to-one level.
Diabetes is a chronic disease that has become an epidemic; the WHO stating that - as of 2016 - over 422 million people worldwide have diabetes. While people with diabetes are faced with lifelong medication this disease can be treated - and its consequences avoided or delayed - when combining medication with frequent exercise and physical activity, controlled diet, regular screening and treatment for complications. Science is striving to find a diabetes treatment that can cure this chronic disease.
In this section, we aim to include the latest breakthroughs for you to stay up to date with these developments.
The International Conference on Advanced Technologies and Treatments for Diabetes (ATTD) has become the premier international forum to present and discuss innovative technologies and comprehensive overview of the latest research developments in this field. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss and disseminate information on the latest technologies and treatments for diabetes.
New Technology Start-Up Fair
Meet the Experts. Discover the Latest Research. Behold the Next Big Thing.
The International Fair of New Technologies in Diabetes was an exciting exhibition at ATTD 2021, where start-ups and emerging companies displayed cutting-edge technologies and medical devices for diabetes treatment.
What does the New Technologies Fair section offer?
• A unique platform enabling a rare exchange of views and ideas on emerging technologies
• A link between new inventions and investors interested in funding further development or commercialization of products
• Attention from entrepreneurs and venture capital companies
• Opportunities for building networks between inventors and scientists worldwide
• Exposure of innovative products and technologies by way of a global audience
The ATTD New Technologies Fair has been created with the support of an educational grant from MedTech Europe.