Online First Release!
The ATTD FORUM - ONLINE FIRST RELEASE! is an exciting initiative where a new manuscript is published online simultaneously with a live presentation to our online forum. The presentation is given during a virtual forum during which the author presents the manuscript and participants can ask questions.
Here is a quick overview of the events so far:
- The Lancet Digital Health, presented by Dr. Julia Ware (March 14th, 2022)
- The Lancet Healthy Longevity, presented by Dr. Charlotte Boughton (March 14th, 2022)
- Diabetes Care, presented by Dr. Viral Shah (January 12th, 2022)
- Nature Medicine, presented by Dr. Christian Ruff (December 6th, 2021)
- The Lancet, presented by Dr. Antonio Ceriello (November 17th, 2021)
- Nature Medicine, presented by Dr. Charlotte Boughton (August 4th, 2021)
- Jama, presented by Dr. Thomas Marten (June 2nd, 2021)
- The Lancet, presented by Dr. Margaretha Visser (June 2nd, 2021)
- Collaboration with the publishers of Journal of Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics - DTT – the official journal of the ATTD, presented by Dr. Mark deBoer (March 10, 2021)
The hugely popular ONLINE FIRST RELEASE! Forum became an in-person occasion at the ATTD22 conference.
Prof. Stephanie Amiel presented the manuscript on “A parallel randomised controlled trial of the Hypoglycaemia Awareness Restoration Programme for adults with type 1 diabetes and problematic hypoglycaemia despite optimised self-care (HARPdoc)”.
Prof. Antonio Cerliello then presented the manuscript “Glycaemic control is associated with SARS-CoV-2 breakthrough infections in vaccinated patients with type 2 diabetes”.
Both manuscripts were simultaneously published in Nature Communications on the 28 April 2022.
Watch the recording of this session here!
The Lancet Digital Health
Cambridge hybrid closed-loop algorithm in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: a multicentre 6-month randomised controlled trial
Julia Ware, Charlotte K Boughton,Janet M Allen, Malgorzata E Wilinska, Martin Tauschmann, Louise Denvir et al.
Published 07 March 2022
Click here to go to the article.
The Lancet Healthy Longevity
“Hybrid closed-loop glucose control compared with sensor augmented pump therapy in older adults with type 1 diabetes: an open-label multicentre, multinational, randomised, crossover study”
Charlotte K Boughton, Sarah Hartnell, Hood Thabit, Womba Mubita, Katharine Draxlbauer, Tina Poettler et al.
Published March 2022
Click here to go to the article.
Continuous Glucose Monitoring Initiation Within First Year of Type 1 Diabetes Diagnosis Is Associated With Improved Glycemic Outcomes: 7-Year Follow-Up Study
Subcutaneous infusion of exenatide and cardiovascular outcomes in type 2 diabetes: a non-inferiority randomized-controlled trial.
The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology
Glycaemic management in diabetes: old and new approaches.
Prof. Antonio Ceriello, MD, Francesco Prattichizzo, PhD, Prof. Moshe Phillip, MD, Prof. Irl B Hirsch, MD, Prof. Chantal Mathieu, MD, Prof Tadej Battelino, MD
Published: November 15, 2021. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S2213-8587(21)00245-X
Nat Med (2021). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41591-021-01453-z
M Visser MM, Charleer S, Fieuws S et al.
Lancet. 2021 Jun 12;397(10291):2275-2283.
MJ Schoelwer, LG Kanapka, RP Wadwa, et al. for the iDCL Trial Research Group.
Diabetes Technol Ther. 2021 Jul;23(7):475-481. doi: 10.1089/dia.2020.0646. Epub 2021 Mar 9